What is 10H Graphene coating for cars?
10H Graphene coating for is a new age technology in Ceramic coating category. Made of graphite — the soft, flexible & heat resistant material used in pencil lead. Graphene ceramic coating is Harder than diamond yet more elastic than rubber; tougher than steel yet lighter than aluminium. Graphene is one of the strongest known materials.
7 reasons, why do you need Graphene coating?
- 10H Pencil Hardness. Forms a hard layer protection on car’s original paint to protect from environmental damages.
- Super Smooth surface just like a silk. Touch it to believe it!
- Respells Dry dust. Hence less cleaning required. Amazing UV resistance.
- Insane hydrophobicity
- Helps to keep your car’s deep gloss intact for years.
- Graphene reduces heat on the car’s paint surface
- Protects from corrosion even on non-painted metals,
Is it different than Ceramic coating for car?
Graphene coating is ceramic but more than a ceramic. It is a mix of Graphene and ceramic coating; Graphene alone will not bond with the surface. Graphene ceramic coatings are coatings with Graphene molecules grafted onto the ceramic backbone. Ceramic molecules bond with the car and the Graphene portion is on the top, forming the surface of the coating.
Science behind 10H Graphene Coating
- Graphene is a one-atom-thick 2-D sheet of carbon that is tightly packed into honey-comb structure.
- The simplest way to describe Graphene is that it is a single, thin layer of graphite — the soft, flexible & heat resistant material used in pencil lead.
- When Graphene is isolated/converted from graphite it takes on some miraculous properties.
- With a tensile strength of 130 GPa (gigapascals), it is more than 100 times stronger than steel.
- It is also flexible & transparent, making it a great addition to automotive paint care industry.
- Graphene has many other applications too like in solar cells, electronics, medical, water filtration and many more industries.
- For these incredible properties, Graphene won a Nobel Prize in 2010.